Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oye, qué pasó con Lupe?


After our class discussion last week on different portrayals of La Virgen de Guadalupe I wanted to share with everyone other images of Lupe I've encountered on the Internet.










I believe that even though some of there representations of Lupe can be problematic, it goes to show the major influence and impact that La Virgen has within la comunidad mexicana, and even going outside those cultural boundaries. Does anyone have comments towards any of these portrayals?

1 comment:

  1. I love how these images look on our blog. Thanks for posting, Andres! I hope your classmates respond to your question. But I'm wondering why you don't kick off the discussion by telling us which of these images you find "problematic" and why. Orale! Get it started.

    ReplyDelete