Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fighting my Inner Demon

As I work on my paper I find myself stuck.It is thanks to you, the inner Dafne that doesnt think you can do it, that doesnt think youre worth it, the one that thinks youre not good enough. But you are. You know this stuff, you worked so hard all quarter because this class became your lifeline. If it wasn't for this class pushing you to your limit, pushing your ability as a writer, as a critical thinker, as an academic you wouldn't have survived this quarter. So many times your mind suffered, it weakened, you wanted to give up. But Dafne you didnt. Youre still alive and that counts for something. When the only thing you ever had to look forward to this whole quarter was this class, to be just in the same room as other people who have possibly suffered like you have, youre still alive. I say fuck you inner demon Dafne, you will not bring me down any longer. You can do this, and you will do this. Dont let this fucker stop you from doing your very best, because we both know your best is worth it, its good enough, and its within your reach.


1 comment: